Gluten Free? Are all your products Gluten Free?
Yes. Even our Bone Suckin’® Yaki® is Gluten Free !
Are all your products Kosher Certified?
Yes. All of our products are OU Kosher Certified! What does it mean to be OU Kosher Certified? Find out more info here
How Long Can I Keep Bone Suckin’ Sauce® in the Refrigerator?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) RECOMMENDS the following times for refrigerating sauce:
Bone Suckin’ Sauce® (Regular, Hot, Thick Regular, Thick Hot) – 6 months
Bone Suckin’® Mustard – 12 months
**The above times to refrigerate our product is the time recommended by the FDA. If you have any further questions regarding the refrigeration of our products, please contact us at 919-833-7647.
For specific information about refrigeration of condiments, visit the FDA website.
How Can I Use Bone Suckin’ Sauce® for Grilling?
- Read the directions that came with your grill.
- Charcoal gives a smoky flavor that adds to grillin’ experience.
- If you get a rotisserie, make sure it is big enough to do a prime rib or large boneless roasts. Make sure the motor and bar can handle.
- Make sure your rotisserie is protected from the wind, because one that is not will burn the outside of the meat before the inside of the meat is cooked.
- Soak your wood chips overnight if you are going to grill something that takes more than 4 hours to cook.
- NEVER light a gas grill with the hood closed. Read all instructions before lighting grill.
- Avoid cross-contamination by using separate cutting boards, utensils and platters for raw and cooked foods; refrigerate foods while marinating; and NEVER baste with the marinating liquid. (Make extra marinade for basting, or boil your marinade liquid before basting)
- Minimum of 3 to 4 burners on a gas grill. Six burners is better.
- Hickory is great for smoking beef.
- Applewood is great for pork and chicken smoking.
- Place your grill away from open windows and doors so smoke doesn’t blow inside your home.
- Be careful not to place your grill in a place where carbon monoxide can build up. Carbon monoxide can build up under porches and in garages.
- Don’t place your grill on a wooden deck because of fire hazard. Charcoal could fall on the deck and start a fire.
- It is easier to scrub your grill while it is hot but make sure you use a protective glove.
- Direct cooking method is when the food is sitting directly above the charcoal briquets or the lit burner.
- Indirect cooking method is when the food is sitting off the side of the charcoal briquets or lit burner. This is best for foods higher in fat that take longer than 30 minutes to cook.
- Place grill on a flat, level surface so it will not tip over. Make sure it is located away from overhangs, fences, deck railings and shrubbery that could ignited by a sudden flare-up or flying spark.
- Can’t find your grill brush? No worries. You can clean your grill with your tongs and a piece of crumpled wet foil.
- Use tongs or a spatula instead of a fork to flip meats to keep flavorful juices and keep the meat moist.
- Wipe your grill with vegetable oil before grilling to prevent food from sticking.
- Prevent flare ups by marinating meats prior to cooking.
- Keep an eye on the drip pan. Most people don’t even remember they have one of these. If it’s too full, it can catch on fire.
Do Your Products Contain Natural Flavors and Natural Spices?
Our products do contain Natural Flavors and Natural Spices. These flavors and spices are proprietary to protect the recipe and formulas of our products.
Our product is labeled according to The Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act. When any of the regulate allergens (milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat or soy) are included in the natural spices or flavors, our products will be labeled accordingly.
If you have a specific food product or ingredient of concern, we may be able to find out, more about that specific ingredient. Please ask us!!!!
How Is Bone Suckin’® Yaki® Now 100% Gluten Free?
Bone Suckin’® Yaki® is now produced with Tamari Soy Sauce, a “premium sauce with an elegant, smooth, and more balanced flavor.” Tamari is naturally fermented with no heat! (Sources: whfoods.com, gourmetretailer.com)
Bone Suckin’® Yaki® is richer in flavor than traditional teriyaki because we use real Italian Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bone Suckin’® Yaki® is lower in salt than most teriyaki sauces because we care about your health as well as making great sauces & marinades. You’ll love the hint of garlic with our perfect blend of Ingredients.
What is Tamari Soy Sauce?
- Fermenting whole soybeans creates a flavorful, protein rich liquid known as Tamari.
- Tamari has a soft, rich aroma; a very smooth flavor; and a well-balanced taste.
- Tamari as we know it today was evolved from soy sauce by the Japanese.
- With 37% more protein than regular soy sauce, Tamari also has unique flavor-enhancing qualities and can be used as a substitute for salt, reducing sodium content without compromising tastes.
- Sodium levels can be reduced up to 30% by cooking with Tamari instead of salt.
- Tamari has other health benefits, too: it is a source of vitamin B3, protein, manganese, and tryptophan.
- While alcohol and wheat in traditional Soy Sauce cause it to change flavor after cooking, Tamari retains its full flavor following high-temperature cooking and microwaving.
- Tamari is an excellent seasoning for meat, poultry, seafood and sauces. Due to the amino acids in Tamari, it complements all the flavors of your food—sweet, salty, sour and bitter.
What Is The Difference Between Bone Suckin’ Sauce® Regular and Bone Suckin’ Sauce® Thicker Style?
Both have the same ingredients, but the Thicker Style has more Xanthan Gum to make it thicker.
What Is The Difference Between Bone Suckin’® Sweet/Spicy Mustard and Bone Suckin’® Mustard?
“People really like the flavor of our Sweet/Spicy Bone Suckin’® Mustard, but have told us repeatedly how much they would enjoy that sweet taste without the heat. So, the new Bone Suckin’ Mustard product is truly an example of listening to our customers and giving them what they want, and we think they’re going to love it.” -Mr. Ford
Bone Suckin’ Mustard has the same great taste as Bone Suckin’® Sweet/Spicy Mustard, but does not include Jalapeños.
What Happened to the Bone Suckin’® Rib Rub?
Bone Suckin’® Rib Rub is NOW Bone Suckin’® Seasoning & Rub
We changed the name because all of you kept telling us that the Bone Suckin’® Rib Rub is so much MORE than just a dry rub for ribs. We have literally hundreds of people emailing and calling in and telling us that it is an “everything” seasoning. Ideas that you sent to us included everything from a salt replacement to seasoning for popcorn, potatoes, green beans, steak, fish, meatloaf, and deviled eggs. Follow the easy recipe on the side of the jar for the most successful ribs you’ve ever cooked!
Why Am I Paying Sales Tax?
My state doesn’t require me to pay sales tax, so why am I being charged sales tax on my Bone Suckin’ Sauce® order?
Thank you for your interest in our products. The state of North Carolina charges sales tax on internet and call in orders. We are responsible for collecting that sales tax. Thanks again, and check our website for specials that will help you save money!!!
Why Are Your Prices Higher Than In The Stores?
Thank you for your interest in our products. It can be confusing to understand, why our prices are sometimes higher than a store you may buy our products from.
First, we want you the customer to be able to get our products at a reasonable price and close to home. We do not control the prices charged by distributors who buy our product and sell it to retail and wholesale stores nor do we control the prices that those retail and wholesale stores sell it for. Some stores buy in bulk and have their own shipping rates, which sometimes makes it possible for them to sell our product at a lower price than what we charge.
Second, because we also have to ship to you, if you order directly from us, more is involved than just shipping a pallet of sauce by truck. We need to wrap and pack the products to arrive safely at your home, so that makes our prices higher, than some stores may charge. So, it will usually be cheaper for you to buy the product close to home.
We do recommend that you check our website from time to time, because we do occasionally have specials, and we have many recipes that you can print or download. Thanks again for your interest and enjoying our products!!
Can I Find a Store Near Me That Sells Bone Suckin’ Sauce® Products?
Yes, We found a store near YOU ! Please! Please! Please!, call the store before you go to make sure it has your favorite in stock!
For the Bone Suckin’ Sauce® Store Locator, click here. Type in your Zip Code and click Find Store. This will display a list of stores starting with the closest to you.
IF you do not find a store in your area,
Please ask your favorite store manager to help you by carrying Bone Suckin’ Sauce®, Wine Nuts, Fire Dancer or Earth Family.
Call 1-800-446-0947 or 001-919-833-7647 and we will try and find a place close to you that sells our products.